Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Five, four, three, two.....

Finally, she says with a combination of joy and trepidation: This blog is going live. I say joy because I fervently believe that Museum Studies needs an timely open forum and conversation space for our alumni and friends and I think this forum addresses that need; in trepidation because this is another time commitment in an already busy life, but this one seems particularly worth it. News flows through the department on a weekly basis (dare I say daily) and much of that news needs to be spread farther within our network. MuseViews joins our annual newsletter as an outlet for the latest from both alumni and faculty. Ideally, using the best of blogging practices, MuseViews will also be a place for voicing commentary on the field, for linking to new resources, as well as for reading good stories about our day-to-day work and passion about museums.

If you have news and/or stories to tell, please email me at sspero@jfku.edu. Submissions are welcome and will be used! Behind the scenes I’ll be asking many of you to send us your current story, and I will report news as I get it. My goal is to post two or three times a week, more often as required. Finally for those who prefer to lurk instead, I suggest that you subscribe this blog to your RSS feed system. An online aggregator conveniently lets you know when a new article has been posted and you can easily subscribe to one though Google or Yahoo (I use bloglines). Questions about setting one up, ask in the comments.

So welcome to MuseViews: Happy reading and chatting ahead.

1 comment:

Allyson Lazar said...

Wonderful--welcome to the museum blogosphere! I look forward to all that I will read here!